Web Content Viewer (JSR 286)



This insurance covers direct physical loss caused by flood. The policy defines flood as a general and temporary condition of partial or complete inundation of two or more acres of normally dry land area or two or more properties.


In Puerto Rico, we are exposed to flooding and losses arising from floods that are not covered by the majority of property insurance policies. Universal Insurance Company provides you with the flood insurance you need to protect yourself through the National Flood Insurance Program administered by FEMA.


Flooding occurs when you least expect it. Homeowners insurance does not cover losses caused by floods. Federal Disaster Assistance is only available if a flood is declared a federal disaster. That is why it is important to have an insurance policy so that you can recover from a flood.


There are three types of residential policies:


  1. Dwelling Policy: Allows you to insure both the structure and the contents of your residence or apartment. You can insure your residence for up to a maximum of $250,000 and its contents for up to $100,000. If you are a tenant, you can obtain contents coverage to protect your personal property.

  2. Residential Condominium: Offers co-owner associations coverage for the structure of individual apartments for up to a maximum of $250,000 per unit.  It also offers coverage for common contents of up to a maximum of $100,000.

  3. Preferred risk policy: Specially rated for properties located in low to moderate flood risk areas (X, C and B zones), offering building and contents limits for a low premium. 



If you need more information please call us at (787) 641-7171 or send a message to: floodinsurance@universalpr.com.


Complementary Content